Our Life & Safety Operations Group is currently seeking a PSAP Services Technician to work remotely to support our PSAPs in Palm Beach County, Florida area.
Responsible for participating in the installation of 911 call handling and dispatch systems, including travel to customer site, installation and troubleshooting of software and hardware, including travel to customer site, installation and troubleshooting of software and hardware; travel to customer site to install assigned software and troubleshoot any product issues; provide on-site training for all assigned products; troubleshoot and resolve issues with product compatibility and integrations within scope of responsibility; provide remote support to customers as needed
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Make an introductory phone call to the customer to confirm appointment time and location
- Travel to customer site to install assigned software, hardware, and troubleshoot any product issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with product compatibility and integrations within scope of responsibility
- Provide remote support to customers as needed
- Follow on-site training manual processes and procedures
- Collect supporting documents from each installation and return assigned paperwork as required
- Submit expense reports and time cards to supervisor as required ensuring adherence to appropriate travel policies
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree in MIS or Computer Science preferred
- Certifications (e.g. Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network
- Professional (CCNP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), etc.) preferred
Experience and Skills
- 2 or more years of technical customer service experience or tier 1 technical support requireD
- 1 or more years of installation or software training experience required
- Experience with networking, windows-based servers and workstations required, Linux is also preferred
- Knowledge of cabling (running, terminating and testing Cat5e, 568a / 568b, RJ45, etc.) preferred
- Basic telephony knowledge (MDF, tip and ring punchdown, color codes, POTS, etc.) preferred
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!