The Category Manager III is responsible for the development of sourcing strategies for assigned categories to drive cost savings and ensure the Company is making informed, best value purchasing decisions. They are responsible for leading the supplier request process for information, proposals, quotes and bids (Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ), and Request for Bid (RFB)). Additionally evaluates and negotiates the most complex purchasing agreements, leads cross-functional teams in identifying and executing sourcing and cost-saving opportunities, develops sourcing methods, influences stakeholder relationships for achieving or exceeding cost saving goals while managing supplier performance.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams; prepare and develop requests (RF – X) and scoring models; perform vendor analysis; develop service level agreements (SLA); and manage associated sourcing projects.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of products & services within category area(s) of focus, supplier's processes and industry trends and practices.
- Actively identify sourcing and cost savings through category, spend, financial and industry data to identify sourcing, as well as cost- savings and reduction opportunities through analysis and risk assessment and collaboration with clients and stakeholders to meet or exceed cost saving targets.
- Negotiation of mutually beneficial, high value purchasing agreements with key suppliers.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients and key stakeholders, such as Operations, Legal, Accounting and Finance by identifying and addressing purchasing/contracting needs. Present sourcing opportunities to build internal support among clients and stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships. Manager supplier performance and perform supplier evaluations. Develop plans for service improvement and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 8+ years’ sourcing or procurement experience.
- CPSM, PMP or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of supply chain, category management, strategic sourcing, negotiations and contracting concepts.
- Successful experience or demonstrated ability to lead teams, manage projects and achieve project goals; identify opportunities through data and financial analysis, risk assessment and process review; and negotiate purchasing agreements a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, ERP (particularly SAP), Contract Management and E-Sourcing Systems.
- Working knowledge of e-procurement initiatives and technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications or wireless industry is beneficial.
- Proficiency with Windows and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!