RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for department safety training and development of strong shop floor safety culture and environment. (Safety SOPs, Job Hazard Analysis, and Ergonomic Improvements.)
- Maintain productive and safe work environment for all production employees
- Confers with Management to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and production efficiency standards.
- Coordinates machine maintenance with maintenance staff to minimize production downtime and increase production efficiency.
- Work to achieve peak operations productivity and efficiency and minimization of scrap
- Hold entire staff accountable to uphold Company Policies and Procedures. Responsible for all documentation relative to attendance and disciplinary issues.
- Responsible for cross training entire staff so direct reports are interchangeable in each manufacturing discipline.
- Responsible for preparation of processing week ending hourly payroll
- Develop vision for future production efficiency improvements, safety improvements and cost reduction initiatives
- Work with production planner to ensure changeover sequencing minimizes labor and material costs.
- Coordinate staff for production including in the assistance of hiring, managing staff performance, and training
- Responsible for training of all new employees. Documentation of training for each individual is required.
- Oversee workplace organization and cleanliness (5S)
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Department to ensure all goods produced are of the highest standard possible and meeting our manufacturing standards and the requirements of our listing agencies
- Provide daily production updates during staff huddle meeting.
- Check all tooling regularly – ensure proper handling and storage of tooling.
- Document all changes in set-ups on set-up sheets, tooling kits, data plotting worksheets and control plans.
- Manage and report all worked hours for production staff
- Available for emergency call-outs for production on a 24 hour basis
- Advise on supply levels and shortages and create purchase order requisitions to Operations Manager or Purchasing for action.
- Responsible for accurate reporting and reconciliation of all inventoried items.
- Report to production staff on a daily basis targets and goals to be achieved. Annual goals to be review quarterly with direct reports.
- Issue daily efficiency reports to all operators
- Assist in getting quotes for production related activities from outside suppliers
- Assist in procurement and analysis of bids for capital equipment
- Use methodical problem solving skills approach to resolve process changes and improvements.
- Responsible for controlling labor costs
- Other duties as assigned
This position has 12-20 Direct Reports
Perform annual performance appraisals of Team on a timely basis
Lead team to work in a safer manner at all times and comply with safety policies and standards
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years production supervisory experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret shop drawings, technical publications, technical procedures and listing agreements
- Demonstrated ability to manage/lead cross functional teams
- Sense of Urgency Knowledge and expertise in Lean Manufacturing Must possess a desire to excel and a “hands on” management style
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong management and leadership skills to include coaching and facilitating
- Well developed organizational skills
- Must excel in a team environment
- Must embrace change
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure / training manuals
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistics, fractions, percentages and ratios
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!