Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, FTK, and Xways
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Performs forensic analysis of digital information using standard computer forensics and evidence handling techniques, gathers and handles evidence, and conducts peer reviews of cases completed by other examiners and mentors less experienced examiners. Uses forensically sound procedures to investigates crimes committed using digital devices as a primary or peripheral means. Employs forensic tools and techniques to crack file and system passwords, detects steganography and recovers deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types. Observes proper evidence custody and control procedures (chain of custody), documents procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports.
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!