The Maintenance Manager is responsible for all maintenance operations including equipment safety, maximizing machine productivity and uptime, and the general condition and upkeep of the facility. This position reports directly to the Mill Manager and is a member of the Emerson Leadership Team.
The Maintenance Manager is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
- Development and management of all maintenance activities, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority
- Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability
- Managing improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions and for department budget cost effectiveness.
- Development and training of associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Participating in and/or leading initiatives for capital projects and problem-solving activities
- Assuring purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures
- Supporting, maintaining and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability
- Facilitation of team meetings & trainings
- Identification of safety, environmental, quality & production issues
- Provision of leadership for the ongoing development of the organization, as well as the strategic development of individual talent for succession planning
- Management of budgets including capital planning, contributions to controllable margin and optimizing financial levers
- Maintain long-term big picture view to forecast obstacles and opportunities training and developing skills to enhance team performance
- Encourage innovation among associates within the department
- Leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds teamwork, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Staff, recruit, retain and develop talent
- Five (5) years' experience as a key leader (department head or higher) in a manufacturing facility
- Evident business leadership skills and with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various audiences
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships
- Ability to motivate, engage and develop strong teams
- Previous experience with project management, to include capital projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to drive results to achieve financial goals
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Ability to perform essential functions of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in plywood / veneer manufacturing
- Experience with LEAN processes
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!