The company business is looking for an experienced Senior Supplier Development Engineer to interface with risk management, supplier quality, and engineering on all supplier manufacturing and quality challenges across a portfolio of core control products including electromechanical RF/SATCOM positioning devices, integrated payload systems, and ruggedized tripods. The individual will help solve manufacturing and quality challenges with machined parts, castings, weldments, wet and heat processed parts, and painted components.
The individual will be expected to understand the business product line needs, including supporting cost, delivery, and quality improvement programs with existing and new suppliers. To be able to drive improvements, this role requires knowledge of the supply base, current supplier performance and quality tools such as A3s, RCCAs, and lean manufacturing. This position will work with little direction and will lead cross-functional teams to accomplish supplier improvements plans. Success is rooted in the ability to build relationships with suppliers’ personnel at various levels of their organizations. Some domestic travel is required.
Key responsibilities you will be performing in this position:
• Create mission success plans for critical suppliers. Responsible for supplier improvement plans.
• Assess supplier’s capabilities (including operational capacities), and monitor improvement plans.
• Lead supplier improvement efforts using the following: process FMEAs, PVR, SPC, Lean and 5S.
• Participate in and assist with supplier selection, including make versus buy analyses.
• Participate in and assist with the sourcing of new business.
• Key contributor to commodity strategies - growth, sustain, on-board, off-board suppliers.
• Own supplier scorecard and manage feedback with key/critical suppliers including improvement actions.
• Visit supplier sites to help create/audit supplier processes, and offer technical support to ensure product quality, cost and delivery targets are met.
• Work with suppliers and our company engineering teams to conduct DFX activities on new designs.
• Read evaluate, and interpret blueprints for machined, forged, and die cast parts, and ensure appropriate level of detail to meet product requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field (engineering, manufacturing) or demonstrated experience through exceptional technical skills and knowledge.
• Preferred experience in machined parts, castings, welding, wet and heat processing, paint, and electromechanical components (motors and slip rings).
• Proven experience as an engineering liaison with a manufacturing background.
• Lead auditor qualification.
• Proven general capabilities in procurement practices, supplier development and/or customer support.
• Basic knowledge of quality systems (ISO 9001) methods and practices including APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, and PPAP.
What’s in it for you?
• Flexible Planned Vacation – no minimum or maximum number of days off
• Outstanding Health Benefits
• Generous 401K company contribution and match
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!