About the role:
As a member of the Electrical & Firmware Engineering Team at the Engineer II level, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software for medical devices and instrumentation. Successful candidates will thrive on applying engineering problem-solving skills to embedded software development and work in an interactive and collaborative development environment where overcoming technical challenges is routine.
- Collaborate closely and cross-functionally with the project team to develop and implement firmware solutions to meet product requirements and written specifications.
- Perform development work independently with minimal direction required.
- Ensure quality of work product by following coding standards and best practices.
- Generate documentation to support regulatory filings and internal reports and specifications.
- Supports the work in formal Verification and Validation activities.
- Provide R&D input on CAPA reports and post product release support to Manufacturing worldwide.
- Follow design, quality, and safety guidelines based on GMP, FDA, and ISO guidelines and related Quality and Safety Standards and Practices
- Understand business goals and link them to design directions and product architecture and promote short-term solutions that support long-term product vision and strategies.
You are a talented firmware engineer with experience developing for embedded systems. You thrive in a team environment and are excited to work in the medical device industry because you realize that your work will positively impact patients’ qualities of life.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing firmware/software for embedded systems using C++.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in cross-functional and cross-geographical multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity and experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies and Issue/Task/Bug tracking systems.
- Manages time effectively and efficiently and able to context-switch as necessary to deal with new issues.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Able to bring clarity to ambiguous situations.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with working in a regulated industry strongly preferred.
- Experience with C# and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- ARM development experience.
- Experience with RTOS and multi-threaded development like VxWorks or Micrum uC/OS-II.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Experience in various peripheral buses and network protocols, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, and TCP/IP.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using test equipment such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!