The Surgical Technologist (ST) is responsible for facilitating the surgical procedure through the assembly of instrumentation, equipment and supplies. The Surgical Technologist work as a member of the surgical team under the supervision of a registered nurse, with the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and other medical support personnel to provide patient care in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Surgical Services department and Swedish Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Serves in the primary scrub role during assigned core procedures. Places equipment and supplies in operating room and arranges instruments, according to instruction. Maintains supply of fluids and medications labeled and ready for use during operation.
- Effectively coordinates equipment, supplies and instrumentation according to surgeon’s preference cards. Collaborates with members of the surgical team in the updating and maintenance of preference cards.
- Functions competently within multiple specialty areas and serves in a flexible scrub role with minimal notice. Recognizes age and size of patient as a relevant factor, and applies appropriate skills in preparation for surgical intervention.
- Assists team members with positioning, moving and transporting patients. Facilitates room turnover, and washing and sterilization of instruments. Competent in use of washer, autoclaves and Steris.
- Handles specimens according to policy.
- Prioritizes tasks. Utilizes non-direct care time efficiently. Helps others.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of a Surgical Technician vocational program or documentation of equivalent training
- Registration with the Washington State Department of Health as a Surgical Technologist.
- CPR Provider certification
- National certification by the Liaison Council on Certification for Surgical Technologist (ST)
- 6 months experience in a hospital operating room
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!