The Senior Data Center Technician accomplishes customer-serving, strategy-enabling, integrity-preserving, and infrastructure-maintaining Data Center facility operations and projects – individually and through other staff members. Upon absence of the Facility Manager, assumes on the role of “acting” Facility Manager, with full authority to direct staff member activities, make operational command decisions, conduct tours/presentations for customers/prospects, and to approve physical security access permission levels for guests/staff.
The shift for this position is 7am-7pm MT Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday
- Provides senior mentorship in the skills, know-how, and processes (associated with running the data center facility) to less experienced staff members and new employees.
- Commands the activities or responsibilities of multiple data center technicians when the workload (or absence) of the Manager so dictates. Assumes full authority of the Manager with respect to staff activities, operational command decisions, projects, procurement, maintenance, security, change control, and customer/prospect presentations/tours.
- Plans and completes the larger technical projects associated with the Data Center (such as the installation of a new large customer, or new HVAC system), within the timeframe agreed to and assuring no risk/disruption to Data Center facility SLA (Service Level Agreement) commitments. Attainment of customer satisfaction with all such projects assigned. Manages multiple concurrent interdisciplinary projects and work, where needed in a project team lead by others.
- Performs installation, termination, testing and labeling of all cross connects (cat5, coax, fiber) in the Data Center. Completes moving and installation of cabinets and relay racks. Hardware installation may include: shelves, power strips, rails, cable management, and customer equipment. Adjustments and refinements to HVAC, Electric Power, Network, and Security systems may be required as a direct result of projects worked on. Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain colocation space cleanliness.
- Maintains records and update documentation for all project work performed. Creates and maintains accurate and credible records of maintenance, changes, problems, methods-of-procedures (MOPs) and resolutions.
- Establishes working rapport (on a first name basis) with key suppliers, servicers, vendors, as required to accomplish projects, maintenance, and installations effectively and cost-efficiently.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolution of the Data Center’s most complex facilities and operational problems.
- Associate degree or higher or 2+ years of professional work experience.
- 4+ year’s technical experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, insurance and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must obtain ITIL Certification within 12 months of hire, or work with management to pursue a reasonable alternative within 18 months.
- Must be able to work On Call 24/7 unless on approved time off.
- Must live within 30 minutes of data center or be willing to relocate to live within 30 minutes of data center for prompt response time.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to climb equipment and walk on rooftops and cat-walks.
- Maintain personal certification in ITIL framework standards such as change management and incident management, contributing improvements to such standards in all areas of operations and projects.
- Availability/willingness to work extra hours (including weekends) per an on-call basis.
- Extensive knowledge of telco technologies, systems, and circuits.
- Data center skills such as installing/moving equipment and cabling on a large-scale basis.
- Extensive experience working with various networking hardware such as multiplexers, routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Experience with fault isolation and troubleshooting networks including LAN and WAN.
- Familiarity with configuring networking equipment such as routers, switches, and hubs.
- Operational experience with data communication issues, including security, resource management, capacity planning, monitoring, and performance.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong communications with others, especially regarding technical matters.
- Implementation, configuration and management of physical servers, network devices, appliances, desktops, etc.
- Familiarity with data center environments and data center management best practices.
- Demonstrable problem solving ability.
- Effective decisions and communications (written, verbal, meetings) among all stakeholders and management for any project being lead, or any operational matter that arises
This position's pay rate may range from $27 - $37 / hour. A $2 per hour premium pay is also included for any hours worked on weekends. Pay is carefully considered based on a wide range of factors including skills, qualifications, relevant experience, location and internal equity. Certain qualifying positions are also eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonus, commissions, or stock.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!