The Payroll Manager, is responsible for the direction, organization and administration of the payroll department. Ensures effective operations to achieve organizational and department goals, strategic plans, and service standards.
The Payroll Manager supports the entire St. Luke's Health System throughout the state of Idaho, located in Boise, Idaho with Payroll operations located in Meridian. This role collaborates with all functional areas within Human Resources to provide the best customer service to our employees.
- Implements effective operational processes and leads process improvement work groups.
- Develops policies, procedures, service standards, and work flows to support the consistent application of practices across payroll services and compliance with regulations.
- Partners with accounting/finance in maintaining and producing management reports.
- In collaboration with Senior Leadership, designs, develops and implements focused payroll strategies for continued growth of the payroll system. Actively participates in the budget and goal setting process.
- Directs and monitors the preparation of government payroll reports.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll issues.
- Provides direction for development changes of the HRIS and financial system.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 4 years payroll or related experience; AND 2 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in Payroll with a large employer (10,000+ employees) with complex pay practices
- Multi State taxation experience a must.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience with physician compensation
- Experience with API
- Experience with Lawson