You are responsible for
- Build and implement IP strategy for CC together with the respective IP Business Partners, IPCs and IPAs for the relevant BGs in this cluster, in order to improve IP value while focusing on strategic goals of the cluster. The final responsibility for the IP strategy is with you.
- As part of the strategy define and execute an IP landscaping, disruptive technology monitoring and IP acquisition strategy.
- Align IP strategy and actions with colleagues across other clusters/BGs to secure appropriate IP strategies for solutions and services that go across BGs
- Act as a Business partner for Cluster and dedicated IP Business partner for EMR & Care Management.
- Drive Strategic Portfolio Management for assigned Cluster from conceptualisation to the end of the patent/related product life cycle including optimizing value capturing of the same in collaboration with the applicable business
- Act a Lead for one of the Processes and/or professional areas and align on these topics across Clusters. This will include a role in how to protect our digital innovation in services and solution business models across the business activities
- Provide meaningful people resource management to ensure accurate staffing, efficient workload and required level of competence
- Align on resource management across other Clusters/BGs to ensure efficient resource management for all of IP&S HTIP
- Develop talents and future leaders of IP&S via mentor, professional, and personal development.
- In alignment with other clusters, develop and deliver internal training materials to internal clients with respect to issues of importance to IP&S and/or the group being managed and facilitate compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide clear ethical mentorship to the team and BGs in all aspects of work.
- Coordinate and facilitate other related initiatives when applicable.
You are a part of
Joining us as an Head of IP, you will become part of an international community of IP professionals with wide-ranging technical backgrounds and IP experience, gained both inside and outside. Comprising professionals of many different nationalities who collaborate with businesses across the globe. You will have a team of 30 IP Professionals in Europe, US, India, China.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and technical background in electrical engineering, computer science, or physics.
- Technical background (masters or PHD level) and understanding in a broad range of technical subject matter.
- 20+ years’ experience as top-tier IP professional and IP Leader.
- Qualified IP attorney, broad knowledge on all types of IP’.
- Experience addressing IP topics with the cluster/Business Groups and is keen on effective ways in building close work collaborations.
- Familiarity & affinity with the issues surrounding cloud-based solutions, software as a solution and ecosystems/platforms that resolve currently most relevant trends in Healthcare.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills