We are searching for a product marketing leader to manage the Gas Chromatography (GC) Columns marketing team in our Chemistries Division. This important role will lead a team of high-performing product managers and applications experts who have full product lifecycle responsibility for our GC column portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with strong inter-personal skills who can be a highly effective coach for his/her team and has demonstrated success when working collaboratively with stakeholder groups across a large matrixed organization.
As the Marketing Director, GC Columns, you will:
- Develop product line strategy, in line with Chasm business principles and fundamental marketing practices. Must recognize and define short, middle, and long-term opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with R&D, manufacturing, sales, customers, segment marketing, adjacent business units and your marketing team to define a new product roadmap for the GC columns business. Ensure roadmap alignment with short- and long-term strategy.
- Translate strategy to operational plans setting appropriate (SMART) goals and metrics to achieve business objectives. Propagate goals and objectives to your marketing team and monitor their progress.
- Develop your team as contributors and future leaders.
- Contribute to and/or lead short term business teams (often cross functional) with defined goals related to improving Chemistries Division and/or processes, market understanding and execution plans
- Bachelors, master’s degree or PhD within a related scientific discipline (Chemistry, life sciences, biochemistry, etc.). An MBA or similar training is a strong plus.
- A minimum of 5 years product marketing experience, including digital marketing strategy, ideally in the analytical chemistry industry is required. Experience with product development processes like stage gate lifecycle is a plus.
- At least three years prior experience as a first level or second level people manager developing and leading a team. A proven track record of setting measurable and achievable goals and managing a team to achieve them.
- Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, planning, and execution strength backed by strong analytical skills and business acumen with demonstrated approach and success in making strategic business decisions.
- Experience of working and leading in a matrixed organization and demonstrated ability to partner with R&D and Sales counterparts and their teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners and customers.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% domestic & international business travel.