POSITION TITLE--PROGRAM MANAGER--MEDICAL DEVICES
SALARY-OPEN-OUR CLIENT PREFERS WE DON'T POST SALARY INFO PUBLICLY BUT IF INTERESTED PLEASE APPLY AND WE WILL SHARE SALARY INFO DIRECTLY WITH YOU
LOCATION--SAN JOSE, CA
Program Manager to lead the hardware development effort on a mission-critical development program within the Research business.
Key responsibilities will include:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Program Manager who will work as a key contributor to the timely delivery of next generation instrument products by successfully own the project planning and execution of hardware engineering efforts that cover instrument design and development within a structured product development process.
This is a high-visibility position, with an initial focus on electrical hardware development. The Program Manager will work closely with engineering functional managers/directors, the overall Core Team Leader, and other multi-functional partners on program planning and execution. Scope includes ensuring completion of program work, issue resolution, resource identification and allocation, and risk communication and mitigation.
The Program Manager will be responsible for delivering presentations on project status and managing project communications with team members and upper-level management to ensure transparency and visibility of execution progress and challenges.
- Leads a program team comprising a team of hardware contributors - mainly in the Electrical Engineering domain – ensuring execution of all hardware program work (including documentation) to meet the goals of a staged product development system. Acts as the key liaison between EE group and operation to ensure the success of NPI.
- Ensures hardware requirements are in place and creates well thought out project plans to ensure a successful next generation instrument launch from a hardware perspective.
- Prepares development plans, schedules, budgets, feasibility reports, and other project focused documents, including coordination of the preparation of verification protocols and reports.
- Drives decisions to balance the constraints of the system requirements, program budget, program schedule, and product cost.
- In combination with functional management, ensures the distribution and direction of all project-related electrical engineering resources including people, budget, materials and external services.
- Lead EE suppliers to ensure that boards fabrication meets the project needs in both performance, quality and timeline.
- Works together with Operations to optimize management of inventory of boards and components
- Leads the technical focused work of external development partners, when appropriate.
- Runs the evaluation of OEM components and systems.
- Coordinates with Operations on the transfer of projects to manufacturing and on the development of service plans.
- Strong, proven knowledge in product development and design control
Education and experience required:
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related science subject area.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience advising engineering-based projects within sophisticated projects and coordinating the efforts of an interdisciplinary engineering team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the development of analytical instruments or similar products from an engineering perspective.
- Knowledge of current product development practices such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to multi-task and work with conflicting design demands.
- Knowledge and experience of design control processes.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment
- Experience in managing contributions from external contractors especially within an R&D focused activity.