POSITION TITLE--HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST--MANUFACTURING
SALARY-OPEN-OUR CLIENT PREFERS WE DON'T POST SALARY INFO PUBLICLY BUT IF INTERESTED PLEASE APPLY AND WE WILL SHARE SALARY INFO DIRECTLY WITH YOU
The HR Generalist supports approximately 600+ employees in a unionized facility. This “hands-on” position requires significant interaction and visibility to all levels of the organization, departments, and all shifts across the mill. It is an exciting opportunity for someone who desires to be a change leader influencing results for the customers they support. We are looking for an intrinsically motivated and engaged team member that has an interest and background providing Human Resources support in a manufacturing environment. The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager.
- Serve as an employee advocate and business partner.
- Knowledgeable to answer various hourly/salary human resource related questions.
- Ensure that human resources record retention is accurate and up to date based on the Records Retention Compliance Certification Process.
- Partner with leaders to develop work system improvements to raise employee engagement and positively impact business profitability.
- Educate, coach and counsel leaders and team members on job performance, employee development and diversity to build work teams who fully contribute to meeting or exceeding business goals.
- Recruit and on-board hourly and salaried employees utilizing selection tools and competency model.
- Identify training and education needs, implement cost-effective delivery, and ensure processes are in place to sustain ongoing training and development efforts to meet training and education needs.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions. Ensure personnel decisions, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are in compliance with regulatory requirements and IP core values.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities for current processes and practices to enhance efficiencies and provide superior customer service.
- Lead or provide support in workplace investigations.
- Provide counsel to leadership on all employee relations matters through coaching and education on the interpretation and consistent application of company employment policies.
- Support and represent management in labor relations, including interpretation, administration and negotiation support of collective bargaining agreement. Maintain a good working relationship with the union.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources or a related subject, master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Labor Relations experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading or participating in performance management, conducting investigations, policy management, recruitment, succession / workforce planning, employee engagement, and training and development
- Experience working with SuccessFactors and SAP is preferred
- Must have strong computer experience using Microsoft Office and Excel
- Requires effective meeting skills/leadership skills when called upon to facilitate meetings
- Additionally, the ability to clearly explain and articulate instructions/procedures for training purposes