Summary of This Role
Manages the analysis, programming, and testing activities for system and/or software application development and service / support to include feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised software applications and/or systems. Advises and confers with team members on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods. Consults with team members in other areas to coordinate cross-functional activities. Oversees the effective development and implementation of programs to ensure that all software applications meet minimum organization standards and end-user requirements. Administers change control process for zero defect system development. Ensures adequate application testing prior to implementation.
What Part Will You Play?
- Leads and develops a highly technical team supporting application system development, production support and testing on a day-to-day basis.
- Manages work and projects on a day-to-day basis of a team supporting mainframe, distributed or other applications system development and testing. Tracks and acts upon work progress. Reviews and audits the technical work of members of the team. May manage work undertaken by contractors or third parties. Ensures compliance with development and other processes.
- Provides input into Divisional plans and budgets. Manages resource allocation within the team on a day-to-day basis.
- Understands clients current needs. Communicates with other technical and business teams on day-to-day work and project delivery. Works to support and develop positive relationships between teams. May represent the team on client calls, translating technical explanations and resolutions into business terms.
- Works within established compliance and governance procedures. Supports team members with compliance issues. Ensures that application development and production support processes and practices are compliant with corporate and regulatory standards (both domestic and international).
- Supports a continuous improvement mindset. Manages recommendations for improvements and encourages team to do likewise.
- Provide technical guidance to Global Payments systems, customer requirements and professional practice team members on technical issues.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a supervisory position.