The Payroll Administrator’s primary purpose is the processing of payroll related transactions to ensure accurate and timely payments to co-workers serviced by the Global Business Services HR Payroll Center in North America. Current organizational coverage is 4000 co-workers in 40 locations in the US and Canada.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process co-worker payments for weekly and bi-weekly payrolls across three business
- groups in the U.S.A & Canada, including the upload and input of payroll & time system transactions
- (timecard data, earnings, deductions, taxes and other related data).
- Liaise with Payroll/HR information system provider service support, including wage attachment
- Schedule and process regular and special off cycle bonus payrolls.
- Process off cycle manual checks as needed.
- Process payroll related employee self-service transactions.
- Provide help desk support to payroll system users.
- Provide assistance to co-workers regarding payroll inquiries.
- Document and maintain payroll processing procedures.
- Perform year-end payroll activities, including final adjustment runs and W-2 form administration and
- Maintain accurate and organized employee records, files, logs, and other supporting
- documentation for auditors (External, Internal Audit).
- Assist Payroll Financial Compliance Accountant in resolving payroll audit, tax and general ledger
- Assist HR Systems Analyst with systems issues and special projects e.g. implementations &
- Maintain confidentiality and security of payroll information.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Processing experience using Payroll or related HR/Financial systems:
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years; minimum requirement 1 year.
- Amcor systems experience preferred (UltiPro HR/Payroll, Kronos Time).
- Payroll certification preferred (FPC or CPP)
- Amcor Core Values (Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability & Results and Outperformance)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced processing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.