The person in this role will work closely with the CCO and Deputy CCO, other members of the compliance team and with the business to proactively administer and maintain a comprehensive adviser compliance program.
• Assist with quarterly board reporting and the annual 206(4)-7 report.
• Help the CCO and Deputy CCO with the oversight and administration of the various components of the adviser compliance program (testing, marketing, incident resolution, code of ethics, pay to play). Advise and assist senior leadership in carrying out their governance and oversight responsibilities in compliance with prevailing regulation, applicable laws, policy and best practice.
• Interface with internal business units, risk management, and legal functions, as well as enterprise-level constituents. Assist the CCO in administering and maintaining a world class, comprehensive compliance program.
• Maintain an open and cooperative relationship with regulators, including ensuring the timely and accurate filing of regulatory documents.
• Promote a positive compliance culture through communication and oversight of regulatory responsibilities at all levels and developing strong working relationships with the business.
• Participate in and contribute to the decision making process on selected commercial projects as the need and opportunity arises.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Regulatory experience a plus.
• 10+ years as a compliance professional, including at least 3 years supporting a compliance program that includes the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, ERISA, FINRA, and the Securities Act of 1933.
• Experience with common and collective funds preferable.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and with confidence, professionalism and authority at all levels of the business. Further ability to effectively present to a board of directors and executive officers within asset management.
• Experience working in a bank owned asset manager with both internal and direct distribution channels.
• Sound judgement, with a well-developed sense for risk identification, assessment and management.
• Broad investment product experience including multi-asset and multi-manager solutions.
• Analytical and communication skills required to review laws/regulations, assess their impact, and work with the business unit to implement any necessary policies, procedures, processes, and controls.
• A flexible, tolerant and collaborative approach towards the business and a desire to work in a diverse, yet conservative culture.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage the relationships at the executive level. Proven experience of advising, negotiating, influencing and collaborating with others in the decision making process across all levels of the organization.
• Proven experience of establishing effective, robust and integrated compliance programs.
• Track record of collaborating with executive management and staff to establish and improve operational structures that support business growth while complying with firm policies and regulations.
• Work with legal counsel to provide for consistency with applicable regulations.
• Experience interacting with regulators and auditors.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Highest level of integrity.