You can apply at the link below as well:
Salary: Please submit an application and we'll email you the salary info.
The ideal candidate should have 7-10 years of experience working with the application of distribution material handling solutions, automation, and AMRs in the distribution and warehousing space. Experienced in automation design considerations and volumetrics (SKUs, pallets, cases, cube, storage, truckloads, rates, velocity); and possess strong operational knowledge and focus on customer order fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will live in either the greater Chicago or Atlanta areas or close to a major airport.
Immediate focus on AMRs (Autonomous Mobile Robots). Support current solutions and development of broader integrated solutions with other complementing technologies including pallet pick and putaway systems, case picking, and automated pallet storage systems
- Work with vendors and engineering partners to identify operational equipment and automation solutions, build business cases, and recommends new technologies
- Analyzes movement data to determine order profiles, storage media application, product slotting, velocity, SKU affinities, and ABC analysis
- Works as a Liaison between Distribution Operations, Engineering, and our Solutions and Equipment suppliers
- Acts as a subject matter expert on our current and new physical automation technologies
- Ideation of alternatives for process, equipment application, and system design to optimize end-to-end solutions and lower costs
- Implement Continuous system improvements by coordinating the activities of vendors, internal resources and operations
- Maintains responsibility for return on investment analysis and ensures that implemented systems are meeting designed goals.
- Provide insight into our processes and functions that affect our direct and indirect operating costs
- Manages material handling vendors through design, scheduling, permitting, installation, commissioning, punch lists, etc.
- Validates all equipment installation and function, including necessary testing of automated material handling equipment
- Effectively over communicates relevant project information to Engineering and Operations leadership
- Adhere to budget, schedule, design and coordinate a wide variety of logistics improvement projects
- Oversee vendor performance (timing, schedule and budget)
- Provide technical troubleshooting and ongoing support strategies
- Help establish appropriate metrics and reports
- BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain automation, or Engineering discipline.
- 7-10 years of experience in multi-facility distribution operations preferred with varying degrees of automation solutions.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrates the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to view and understand CAD drawings.
- Experienced in warehouse data analytics, high analytical ability, skilled at analyzing and summarizing data, and the ability to clearly communicate, both written and verbally.
- Travel up to 40%