Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-encompassing:
- Apply actuarial principles in leading value-based contracting efforts, including new deal underwriting and annual financial reconciliations.
- Lead the development and delivery of executive presentations analyzing program performance, new value-based care contracting opportunities, and industry trends.
- Provide ongoing actuarial consultation and problem-solving support to internal stakeholders, including Payor Contracting, IKC Operations, Government Policy, and Corporate Strategy teams.
- Manage special projects, working across the commercial integrated care analytics team to develop enterprise actuarial capabilities to manage risk.
- Guide analysts in the development of new metrics and benchmarks in pursuit of leveraging data as a strategic asset.
- Interact with peers across the industry to form innovative, transformative partnerships.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics and competencies:
- Min of 3 years Leadership experience
- Facilitates the completion of team and departmental goals by using appropriate methods and behavior to help build a cohesive team
- Builds trusting relationships by adjusting own behavior to relate to and connect with others
- Clearly conveys and actively listens to information when connecting with direct reports, peers, upper management or external business partners.
- Displays sound actuarial judgment and decision making
- Drives for results by setting and achieving high goals for personal and team accomplishment
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA)
- Minimum six years of actuarial experience, preferably within the health care or health insurance industries