Our client is seeking an effective IT Operations Lead to join the Digital Workplace Technology organization. This lead will be responsible for building an effective operations function and oversight of day-to-day Digital Workplace activities and operations.
This candidate will ensure that systems, services, and infrastructure related to the Desktop/laptop, O365 collaboration tools, VDI, VPN, and voice technologies work reliably. The IT Operations Lead will also ensure the right monitoring tools/processes are in place to improve stability and performance. Timely and effective response to Incidents coming from the Service Desk and Field will also be key to this role.
- Enhance capabilities and monitor the user experience specially for Desktop/laptop, VDI, O365 messaging and collaboration tools, voice technologies, and VPN
- Provides direction to offshore and onshore Digital Workplace support teams
- Manages day to day operational activities while balancing the responsibilities of various domains including IT Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management
- Oversees and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics for digital workplace technologies
- Anticipates and tracks operational and tactical risks and providing strategic solutions
- Leads Major Incident Triage activities related to Digital Workplace technologies
- Monitors and escalates Incident/Ticket queues to Digital Workplace teams respective teams
- Identifies trends and assess opportunities to improve capabilities, processes, and execution.
- Raises and tracks issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues involving stakeholders and escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Ensures effective communication and updates for Operational Activities including tactical and strategic plans, Major Incidents, and stability.
- Works closely with Operations team reporting to other technology towers and Chief Technology Officer Operations Hub
- Works closely and aligned with Global peer group including APAC, EMEA, and North America
- Drives to best in class user experience by fostering and leading continuous improvement efforts
- Stays up to date on industry regulations, trends, and technology.
- Coach, mentor, train and support team members in the fulfillment of their operational day-to-day obligations
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in relevant field
- 8+ years of direct IT operations and engineering experience
- 5 years of experience/understanding of various end user technologies:
- Desktop/laptop configurations
- Collaboration tools: O365, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive
- Virtual Desktop (Citrix a plus)
- VPN and remote access
- Basic Voice experience: call center, Avaya, etc.
- Global technology experience working with various towers and teams
- Hands on experience gathering metrics, managing tickets, and managing escalations
- Experience with maturing Operations processes specifically in monitoring capabilities and queue workflow
- Experience in setting annual goals and objectives
- Experience with verbal/written commutations to IT and business stakeholders
- Other certifications a plus: e.g. ITIL certifications, engineering certifications