In this dynamic role, the Process Development Manager is accountable for product development from concept development through market launch for novel fluorescent dyes for use in Flow Cytometry. The individual will work in collaboration with multi-functional teams to ensure technical excellence, driving process changes, optimization, scale-up and technology transfer through formal product development process. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for effectively building, developing and motivating a team of scientists and engineers. The successful candidate will have experience with functional leadership with great foundation in fluorescent dyes, organic synthesis, small molecules/macromolecule separations, and/or analytical characterization with excellent attention to detail. Strong oral and written communication skills are required to facilitate technical transfer of activities between R&D and production.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Lead, develop, and coach a group of scientists/engineers through cross collaboration with project and technical leaders
- Drive the development of project strategy through a formalized product development process
- Provides technical leadership for process development related activities
- Designing new or refining existing processes to enable new product development from concept through market launch using lean and six sigma and agile methodologies
- Ensure implementation and rigor of product development processes and design control procedures
- Possesses the skills, knowledge and aptitude to engage, influence, and direct all functions involved in the development of the assigned product to inspire and motivate the team to achieve a common goal or purpose.
- Exercises considerable latitude in resolving and developing approach to solutions.
- Interacts with functional managers and business leaders to communicate critical project risks, questions or challenges.
- Work with multi-functional teams to identify and implement improvements with new technologies that will boost product quality, yields, and reduce production costs.
- Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by reporting manager.
Education & experience:
- Successful candidate will possess a minimum of B.S. Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Life Science plus minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience. PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in product development planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk and implementing action plans to optimize timelines and reduce execution risk
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with leading a team
- Experience in chemistry/fluorescent dyes/organic synthesis
- Accomplished in developing robust scale up and process mapping to meet product specifications using DFSS/Agile
- Experience establishing product requirements from defined needs specifications to product requirements
- Good organizational and project planning skills & Demonstrated ability to act as a change protagonist
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills