Our client is looking for a Sr. Site Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Project Manager to implement and manage EHS programs and projects at our aerospace manufacturing plant in Torrance, CA. This role is responsible to deliver business results through effective program/project planning, change management, communications, and training. Will need to manage multiple projects simultaneously that span development and implementation phases on average of 3-12 month each. Routine management and continued improvement opportunities of implemented projects is expected. This is an opportunity to have an impact on Environmental, Health and Safety at a global company. If you are a hands-on Sr. EHS professional who wants to make a difference, we invite you to apply.
As a Sr. EHS Project Manager, you will…
- Develop, and review complex EHS projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to meet specified requirements and objectives.
- Plan project activities, assemble cross-functional teams and other critical resources for projects from start through implementation and close out.
- Partner with site EHS leadership to implement EHS vision and strategy
- Implements and monitors EHS metrics as necessary for improving the quality, service, cost, and execution of EHS at our site.
- Develop and implement site specific EHS programs to assure compliance with the Site, Business Group and Corporate EHS requirements.
- Partner with functional managers / supervisors to plan and implement regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the site’s emergency planning; including being available 24/7 for responding to site EHS emergencies, lead in emergencies involving hazardous materials releases or other safety impacting emergencies.
- Provide EHS support to Program Management and Engineering to support customer contract terms and conditions.
- Develop and implement technologies that can provide the site with operational efficiencies and improve EHS within the workplace.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, EHS, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or Engineering
- 7 or more years of experience creating, implementing and managing EHS programs/projects
- Proven success in running medium to large scale EHS programs or projects
- Strong understanding of project management processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills to drive projects and influence change including implementing lean improvement processes
- Ability to be on-call for emergencies
- Ability to access US export-controlled information
Preferred Qualifications Include…
- Strongly prefer EHS experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Experience leading lean and continuous improvement processes
- PMP certification
- 10+ years of experience implementing and managing Safety Programs such as Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), confined space, industrial hygiene, respiratory protection, PPE, hearing conservation, bloodborne pathogens, mobile equipment (PIT), machine guarding, hazardous energy control, chemical safety.
- Leadership Experience with OHSAS 18001 (or ISO 45001) and ISO 14001
- Experience determining hazardous materials transportation regulations requirements
- Environmental compliance experience in all areas: air, water, waste
- Experience working with regulatory agencies: SCAQMD, LA County Sanitation, DTSC, CUPA, DOT, OSHA, CARB
- Industrial Hygiene experience
- Experience with internal and regulatory agency audits