|Utilizing the nursing process in the perioperative environment incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care. The RN works in an interdisciplinary approach with anesthesiologists, surgeons, peri-op nurses, anesthesia technicians, surgical technicians, SPD staff, clinical engineering, residents, medical students, etc. The perioperative nurse adheres to AORN, SCIP, and National Patient Safety Goals, JCAHO and other regulatory standards. The perioperative nurse is knowledgeable in aseptic technique and has experience in circulating as well as scrubbing practices.
The peri-op nurse working in the Parnassus Outpatient Surgery Center (POSC) must have experience and knowledge in working in an ambulatory surgery environment. The OR nurse will work at all UCSF locations and ambulatory surgery sites.
- Minimum two years of OR experience working in an ambulatory surgery environment within the past five years.
- Two years minimum OR circulating nurse experience within the past five years.
- Experience in multi-surgical specialties.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Current AHA CPR certification.
|Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to scrub is preferred but not required.
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification