This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The general purpose of the Die Runner position is to gather die tooling, setup or breakdown extrusion dies, change dies at the press, work the caustic station, and sandblast cycled dies.
· Use dispatch and die shop PC to get home locations for press tooling, gather dies/tools and set up for production by using the overhead crane.
· Be present at press during die changes to switch dies out of press, breakdown dies/tooling that have ran orders completed at the press.
· Will swap tooling in and out of die ovens by using the overhead crane.
· Prepare dies to cycle through caustic, work caustic room by cycling tooling through caustic bath by using the overhead crane.
· Sandblast dies to clean caustic residual off. This will be done by utilizing the upright blasting cabinet and the overhead crane.
· Put dies and tooling home after it is no longer needed at the press. This will be done by utilizing the overhead crane.
· Utilize the overhead crane to assist the press department.