Our client has an immediate opening for an Electrical Design Engineer in Dedham, MA. This position provides an opportunity to work collaboratively with engineers of differing backgrounds to provide innovative technical solutions for our nation’s most advanced secure communications and control systems.
An Electrical Design Engineer is being sought to develop high speed secure communications and control products. The position requires familiarity with all phases of circuit card development, starting with translating customer requirements into well-defined elements that formulate highly reliable, cost sensitive products. Experience with some of the following would be required:
- Mentor tools Suite or equivalent (schematic entry, layout, routing, SI, power analysis)
- Circuit design, including some of the following:
- Embedded processors
- High end FPGAs, SOC FPGAs, state-of-the-art memory devices
- Standard communications and storage protocols
- Low power FPGAs, CPLDs
- Power sequencing, monitoring, management
- High speed circuit design using advanced materials and packaging techniques
- Extremely low power, battery operated design
- High reliability, extreme environment design
- Product based design (DFT, DTUPC)
- Designing, building, testing/debugging, and producing low to high volume embedded products
- The candidate must be an effective communicator, work well on collaborative designs, thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Based on experience and career goals, the successful candidate will be part of a small team that develops complex circuit cards with embedded processor & FPGA-based solutions from concept, though design, layout, analysis, lab integration & design verification, formal test, and production support through product life cycle.