Salary: USD $50,000 – $65,000 / yr
Waukesha, WI, US
This position is responsible for maintaining effective mechanical design bases for transformer layouts and for providing technical expertise to customers both within and outside of the organization. This role will review projects assigned to them comparing customer specifications to other design data, noting any inconsistencies or special requirements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate dimensions, allowances, and specifications per standard procedures or general design knowledge of shop capabilities when standard procedures do not exist. Verify and update programs as required.
- Provide technical support and training of others when required.
- Assist the supervisor in the planning and scheduling of the design and detailing processes.
- Responsible for directing or executing corrective action when shop problems are encountered. Consult with shop and QA personnel on interferences or interpretation of engineering information.
- Assist on development projects as requested by supervisor. This may also include completion of standard processes or practices and computer programs.
- Recommend and develop new procedures to improve the efficiency of the design and/or detailing process.
- Provide support to Quote Designers, such as bid or preliminary outlines and mechanical optimization.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent process and problem solving skills
- Duties require an understanding of shop methods, industry standards, and drafting procedures
- Some occasional travel may be required
- An excellent team player with strong people skills; able to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effective communication skills, including verbal (logical and organized), written, listening and presentation
- Computer skills: highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, ProE, and PTC Creo
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Education / Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Drafting and Design or approved equivalent
- Previous experience in PTC Creo and Microsoft Office required
- Preferred Education / Experience
- Experience working in a union environment preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Proven ability to perform assignments under minimal supervision, with assistance as required for design questions or technical problems
- GD&T experience preferred