Category Manager - Agile Procurement, Rapid Implementation Team
Salary: USD $130,000 – $139,999 / yr
Deerfield, IL, US
Leads the development, implementation and ongoing management of procurement Level 3* category strategies at a local, regional or group-wide level for a portfolio of goods and services in line with Group Procedures. Works with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category and initiatives, provides thought leadership; identifies, creates and implements initiatives to maximize value and ensure ongoing management of supplier contracts and relationships.
This job comprises of four key activities:
Level 3 Category Strategy
- Procurement Level 3 category strategy
- Sourcing of goods and services
- Procurement-led change
- Contract management
Sourcing of Goods and Services
- Manages stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), defines and implements effective Level 3 (product/service level) category strategies to deliver a program of transformation and risk mitigation; obtaining buy-in at each necessary step of the process.
- Challenges the balance between cost and service ensuring value for money.
- Shares best practices and learning across categories, geographies and teams.
- Develops and implements a sourcing process that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes through planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting.
- Ensures supplier priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigations.
- Leverages changes in supply market and demand conditions to deliver innovative services and commercial solutions.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve service and reduce costs by challenging and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased.
- Ensures all contract obligations are fulfilled, risks are mitigated and contracts remain valid throughout their lifecycle. Holds internal organization and suppliers accountable for their actions.
- Defines and executes a contract management program, while ensuring continuous improvement, variance management, contract compliance and governance for nominated suppliers to guarantee that the appropriate value is secured from contracts.
- Expands high performing supplier relationships to maximize value for WBA.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in category management, sourcing, procurement-led change and contract management.
- Navigates procurement across an international & multi-site operation. Drives procurement-led change through their own initiatives. Utilizes market and business intelligence, shapes the strategic Level 3 category agenda whilst also delivering on their initiative plans.
- Leads negotiations and ensures the effective conclusion of commercial and service arrangements that meet the needs of the business.
- Leverages procurement toolbox (spend data analytics, GNFR pipeline, contracts database, e-procurement etc.) to optimize results.