Director of Data Management
Salary: USD $160,000 – $169,999 / yr
Chicago, IL, US
The Director of Data Management is responsible for the development and implementation of the data management strategy. The Key Focus is to provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of Data Management including improvement of the quality and fidelity of data consumed by business processes and analytics use cases.
- Creates policies and procedures and directs the build team to tune, optimize and recast the “curate” and the “serve” layers in line with the business SLA’s and stakeholder data/ analytics needs
- Partners with ADRM models and other MS CDM metadata notations to create competitive advantage data exchange and data integration partnerships
- Ensures the realization of data products, in usage of data & structuring of data, to enable, enrich, these data products. The Big Data & Data Warehouse structural aspects would be key to the performance of the serve layer.
Primary function of this role includes
- Utilizing strong technical acumen to lead delivery, planning, and execution of database tuning and refinement
- Representing data management for the organization.
- Managing deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of technology related to Data Management
- Building KPIs for capabilities within data management to provide a transparent view of the data ecosystem.
- Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization.
- Leads the design and implementation of technologies to support applications.
- Partners cross—functionally across the organization and closely where and when needed.
- Oversees and manages vendors, vendor contracts and appropriate SLAs.
- Works with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of capabilities and environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging opportunities. Conducts technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for the specified area of responsibility. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, Mathematics Master's degree OR MBA At least 5 years of program management experience in advanced analytics or business intelligence and/or technology Experience partnering with security to ensure platform is secured and regulatory compliant. Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors. Experience diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems. Experience managing cross-functional and/or matrix teams Has to have at least 3+ years of experience in delivering data capabilities such as MDM ecosystems, Forums for Data Stewards, institutionalizing Data Quality Management, and building out Data Cataloguing. Has to have at least 3 years of experience in delivering a healthy and performance data warehouse environment