Senior Mobile Solutions Architect
Salary: USD $130,000 – $139,999 / yr
Chicago, IL, US
Our client is looking for a Senior Mobile Solutions Architect to join the WBA Digital Team. This role supports the business and is part of a team that leverages the most advanced and exciting technologies to service the 9,000 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores.As a Mobile
Architect, you will lead and facilitate the design, development, integration and deployment of various technologies in support of WBA’s Mobile efforts. The role is a combination of strategic and hands-on work that encourages an innovative and a generalist mindset. Key activities will consist of aligning the
IT organization with a standard set of technologies and frameworks, while keeping relevant with new capabilities in the marketplace to support Mobile efforts. Major portion of the role will focus on evolving and supporting the App with new approaches and coordinating the mobile needs
with teams. The position requires the individual to join an agile team setting working on Customer and Employee solutions for a fortune 50 organization. You must be a selfstarter, a quick learner, and have the ability to innovate and communicate proactively. The role promotes working with a team and others around the enterprise on mutually beneficial solutions
while challenging any complacency or lack of ownership. Encouraging others to continuously learn and apply modern technical or process approaches and sets a high standard for delivery of solutions. The individual leads activities for analyzing requirements, writing code, defect remediation, and publication to mobile app stores. This is a Sr role which performs advanced engineering functions, but also provides architectural solutions, collaborates with UX and Product for creative solutions, gives guidance to other team members, can rapidly prototype, assesses technology gaps, and analyzes new technologies.
- Develops mobile strategy and action plans to achieve business objectives.
- Leads the development of mobile cloud native prototypes.
- Leads the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
- Creates documentation for coding standards and best practices.
- Performs as subject matter expert, helping team members and management, both in and outside of engineering, understand complex technical needs, risks, and hurdles. Shares years to mobile application industry expertise to provide guidance and insight to other team members, business partners, vendors, and management.
- May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- May assist or take point on process of publishing mobile apps to the App Stores.
- Assess and remediates business requirements and defects, providing expertise and sizing.
- Takes point on architecting and implementing mobile TDD and CI/CD processes.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve delivery processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Acts as a mentor to other engineering team members, providing valuable feedback both in conversation and code review.