Remote User Experience (UX) Design Manager
Salary: USD $105,000 – $115,000 / yr
Detroit, MI, US Remote
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (details of the basic job functions):
Leads the strategic end-to-end Digital User Experience (UX) scope: UX Design – Strategy – Front End Development (Digital platforms and digital creative assets) for all lines-of-business (LOB), Membership, Insurance, Travel, and Banking.
Interfaces with key stakeholders (Marketing, IT, LOB leaders) to define and drive roadmap and prioritization. Participates in management and strategy sessions with LOB in the development of initiatives.
Manages and coaches a team of UX Developers and Designers to upskill overall team and develop two strong pods in the UX team: UX Front End Developers and UX Designers
Identifies and coordinates cross marketing opportunities between LOBs. Develops processes to improve and streamline workflow across the Marketing organization. Provides marketplace insights, monitors trends and identifies market opportunities using advanced data analysis and modeling tools.
Leverages content management platforms such as Adobe and SalesForce Marketing Cloud to develop, launch and monitor digital campaigns. Play a lead role in designing acquisition and retention journeys to provide best-in-class customer experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities (briefly describe, if applicable, or indicate none):
This position manages the daily activities of UX Developers and Designers. Participates in the selection, hiring and performance management of assigned staff and the budget planning and management process.
- Master’s degree preferred
- User Experience certification
- Customer journey mapping and alignment of content, messaging and campaign execution / optimization approach
- Experience facilitating a comprehensive marketing planning process.
- Marketing experience in a multiple, diverse product environment.
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. May work remotely.
Required Qualifications (these are the minimum requirements to qualify)
Education (include minimum education and any licensing/certifications):
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration or related field.
- Proven experience driving customer engagement by creating a compelling digital experience and using customer insights/feedback
- Experience defining and designing detailed cross-channel customer experiences, with a heavy focus on digital – ideally in the restaurant or retail space
- Ability to articulate these experiences via blueprints or equivalent artifacts, and translate journey elements into UI/UX prototypes for testing
- Advanced knowledge of native apps and design tools, including AdobeXD and Invision, as well as deep experience with testing/prototyping processes, including use of staging environments
Knowledge and Skills:
- Create service blueprints, user flows, and storyboards to identify critical system/customer interaction points across channels
- Synthesize findings from blueprints and interaction models to support prioritization of customer experience concepts
- Prototype, UI/UX, and research design of critical journey elements as needed within channels (e.g., Website, Mobile App)
- Work with Technology and Design teams to execute customer journey / digital experience testing in the restaurant, based on wireframes and UX design detail.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation ability.
- Ability to lead digital design team (in-house and external) to develop contemporary “mobile first” assets to revamp digital presence on digital platforms
- Ability to maximize use of CMS system, such as Adobe Experience Platform