The SVP Technology Strategy & Architecture will lead the creation of strategies and plans that define how technology shall be utilized to enable Asset Management & other applicable unit’s business strategy. Working at the intersection of business and technology, will work alongside business leadership to define holistic strategies that combine business objectives with technology opportunities.
These professionals understand best practices and will work to define strategies that may include governance, organization structure and staffing, enterprise architecture models, business capability models, and process definitions.
Key focus areas include:
• Enterprise Architecture Strategy: developing the foundation for business and technology capabilities and execution improvement
• Digital Strategy: addressing the issues, decisions, actions and investments required to support digital transformation
• Cloud Strategy: enabling companies to access IT-based services, including infrastructure, applications, platforms and business processes, via the Internet to shape organizations’ cloud journeys
• Technology Innovation: exploring new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions
• Responsible for the development/update, communication, adoption and governance of the enterprise and business unit specific technology principles, standards and guidelines.
• Lead the development of IT capability roadmaps, technology roadmaps, and technology lifecycle roadmaps.
• Partner with product leadership, engineering and operations to deliver enterprise solutions that adhere to enterprise standards, support capabilities, and align with future strategy.
• Identify major disruptive technology and non-technology trends that affect the business and provide recommendations to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
• Lead proof-of-technology evaluations, innovation lab and cultivate proof-ofconcepts, prototypes, and experiments that advance organizational learning and drive development of new capabilities
• Work closely with the IT Security team to insure overall security of all engineered solutions is addressed.
• Facilitate the adoption of enterprise technology and processes across all IT teams.
• Drive IT transformation efforts; own/shape the move toward an agile, product based operating model
• Defines appropriate processes and manages compliance to ensure corporate delivery quality at product/platform/program level (e. g. requirements management, risk management, change management, issue management, resource management, project accounting etc.)
• Executes a governance process to provide corporate executive leadership with visibility into program performance and decision-making ability
• Minimum 15 years in IT roles spanning strategy, architecture (business, data, digital, information systems, infrastructure) and/or delivery functions driving digital transformation and data strategy leveraging emerging technologies and cloud platforms
• Minimum 10 years of experience in at least 2 of the example offerings (IT Technology Strategy and Roadmap, Technology Innovation and Ecosystems, IT Operating Model, Enterprise Architecture Strategy)
• Minimum 5 years of experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation recommendations • Ability to lead the planning, organizing and facilitation of executive-level strategic or IT planning workshops and ability to orchestrate emerging technologies to client services and solutions on cloud platform
• Excellent interpersonal skills especially in areas of teamwork, facilitation, influence, and negotiation
• Experience in Management Consulting firm (or similar professional services firms) working across client-facing business lines such as Advisory is a plus Professional Skill Requirements
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Passion for excellence and delivering business value
• Experience leading or managing small teams effectively and planning/structuring analytical work
• Broad, diverse experience and knowledge of major technologies (legacy to emerging)
• Experience in one or more of the following required:
o Agile strategy, Agile transformation, Agile operating model