Mutual Funds Financial Reporting Manager
Salary: USD $110,000 – $120,000 / yr
Chicago, IL, US
The group is responsible for the preparations and reviews of fund financial statements in a timely manner while also ensuring accuracy and quality of the reports. The group provides assistance to audit firms in the processes and procedures associated with their annual fund audits for both the registered and non-registered fund base, as well as ensuring the timely and accurate filing of some SEC forms. The group is currently looking for a Manager who possesses experience and expertise in the matters of U.S. GAAP, SEC filings and has deep working knowledge of derivatives.
- Working knowledge of 1940 Act rules & regulations, forms N-Q, N-CSR, N-MFP, N-PORT & N-CEN
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP), including such topics as ASC 815 & 820
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage the performance of a team towards deadlines
- Ability to independently administer the performance management process for direct reports, including performance feedback, training and disciplinary actions
- Ability to make difficult decisions and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage ambiguity and complexity
- Strong performer with high standards of integrity & work ethic
- Management of the day to day operations of a small team, including the allocation of work and organization of reporting cycles.
- Review of staff preparations of fund financial statements and schedules of investments as well as coordination and drafting of the notes to the financial statements for annual and semiannual shareholder reports for registered and non-registered funds.
- Manage fund and audit/client cycle deadlines and staff work load to ensure deliverables are met and completing reviews to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Acts as point of contact for Financial Reporting group to external clients
- Review of staff preparations of SEC filings such as N-MFP for registered mutual funds.
- Coordination of audits related to staff assignment of auditor open items and client questions and comments.
- Technical resource for staff regarding questions related to new investment/derivative products, financial statement preparation questions and auditor questions.
- Conduct performance management for staff; participate in on-going discussions with staff related to performance and development within role.
- 6 - 8+ years of recent experience in Fund Administration/Financial Reporting industry or related relevant industry
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience.
- Degree in accounting or CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Global InvestOne, Bloomberg and financial reporting systems a plus