Senior Collaboration Engineer
Salary: USD $85,000 – $110,000 / yr
Rockford, MI, US
The Senior Collaboration Engineer will design, administer, and support global collaboration / voice / contact center systems and applications, including maintenance, new development and problem solving, to provide the company with a scalable set of communications services which enable and enrich the functions of our business units.
- Responsible for voice system administration, including licensing, subscriptions, and maintenance, maintain an inventory of assets and services, and manage system software releases and updates.
- Assist, advise, and collaborate on voice client software releases with software delivery and call center operations teams.
- Responsible for maintaining standard processes and procedures related to voice systems, call centers, and end user documentation.
- Assist and advise on compliance with applicable regulations, such as E911, Kari's Law, etc.
- With limited direction, configures software or creates/modifies software code to meet business requirements; creates and executes test plans for software modifications and facilitates transfer into production.
- Writes documentation suitable for internal systems control and user manuals; develops and provides one-on-one or small group user training.
- Confers with customers and team members to determine requirements; designs business application systems that address and solve corporate business needs.
- Estimates configuration and development efforts for self.
- Functions as a task leader on large projects and/or project leader on small projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of an assigned scope of work.
- Uses standard team/department methods and processes to complete work; assists in developing methods and processes when required.
- With limited direction, leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving.
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required.
- Supports Evaluation of make vs. buy system/service/application alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment.
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education and work assignments; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across technical area.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in computer science, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, or related.
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering and supporting voice / Unified Communications / VoIP
- CCNP Collaboration (formerly Voice) required
- Minimum 3 years supporting and administering contact center systems required
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of FXO, FXS, ISDN PRI, SIP, ring groups/hunt groups, auto attendant.
- Must have hands on experience working on CUCM, CUBE, CUSP, and voice gateways.
- Experience integrating voice and collaboration services/apps required.
- Experience with call center scripting is a plus.
- Experience with UCaaS and/or CCaaS a plus.
- Experience with 8x8 support and administration a plus.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of networking concepts--IP, DHCP, DNS, OSI model, routing and switching.
- Must have experience with requirements analysis, resource and time management, design, code implementation, quality assurance, documentation, and integration.
- Must have experience in leading and working with diverse vendor relationships.
- Must be able to operate independently or as a part of a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills