Testing Manager - QA/QC, Agile, JIRA, HP ALM
Salary: USD $110,000 – $170,000 / yr
Hartford, CT, US
Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Requirements Gathering / Total Requirements Study:
- Review the requirements documents to ensure alignment in terms of signed off scope.
- Guide the team to identify the critical requirements / defect etc Seek clarifications on requirements.
- Assess and identify tools to meet the clients' requirements.
- Prepare L0 estimates (in terms of time and effort) based on requirement analysis.
- Implement the Risk based testing process if required, for Strategic , Large scale and Multi Year projects.
- Gather, Define and validate requirements (eg Non Functional Requirements Security, scalability etc).
- Understand the architecture and environment.
Review the progress of KT, coverage and resolve issues if there are any deviations.
- Participate in reverse KTs, as required to ensure team preparedness.
Project Proposal and Formalization:
- Review RFP received from internal teams the onsite team / Program Test Manager.
- Prepare time/effort estimates.
- Reach out to relevant stakeholders from other accounts to source best practices, solutions, credentials for non standard request.
- Seek review / signoff from senior stakeholders.
- Provide inputs on solution to BD team / vertical team based on RFP review for account specific RFPs Allocate / Create MSA and SOW for up to complex projects For large scale/ multi year projects seek review from senior stakeholders.
- Understand customer systems, test artifacts, tools etc.
- Analyze if the tools can be used / modified for the project.
- Identify new tools/ methodologies that can be used / modified to achieve efficiency.
- Understand painpoints and recommend solution to the client.
Test Planning, Design, Development & Execution:
- Create / review the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, defects delivered, detail explanation of particular release, risk dependencies, critical defects, scheduling, volume of test data, exit and entry criteria, team structure roles and responsibility) as required.
- Create / review test plans.
- Seek review / signoff from internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Identify resource requirements.
- Prepare detailed estimates.
- Review test design created by team members.
- Provide sign off on test scenarios.
- Review test scripts / cases / data.
- Define the scripting standards.
- Review the test set up and test scripts/code created by the team.
- Monitor the test execution and review the test summary report.
- Clarify any major issues with the client and guide team to implement mitigation plans.
- Prepare and send weekly status updates.
- Set up defect triage meetings.
- Create solutions based on understanding of the industry pain points and review of different research sources.
Test/ Project Closure:
- Create test closure reports and seek signoff from relevant stakeholders.
- Review recommendations report (that captures the recommendations made and their status) and share the same with the client.
- Analyze the root cause of defect leakage.
- Design an action plan to prevent the same in future.
- Perform gap analysis in order to deliver outputs as per the expected standards.
- Document the open performance issues for the next release.
- Document the lessons learnt and the best practices adopted for the next project.
- Validate recommendations by conducting reassessment post a certain period to check whether required results are met or not (for PACE).
- Identify resources to be staffed on the projects.
- Provide support in terms of resources, templates to ensure team preparedness.
- Conduct weekly review with Test Lead.
- Followup / review project health.
- Identify risks (eg Environment downtime, SLA breakdown).
- Identify mitigation strategies including escalating the issues to the relevant stakeholder to ensure resolution.
- Review deliverables across different phase STLC to ensure quality.
- Provide estimates on revenue and resources.
- Review operational metrics.
- At the end of the project, review the entire project and identify areas of strength and improvement.
- Identify action items to ensure improvements and nonoccurrence of issues.
- Recommend approaches, tools and processes to the team.