Performs installation, maintenance, and repairs on production line manufacturing equipment. Locates and diagnoses failures, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions. Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs. Uses a variety of hand, power, and test tools and equipment.
Works on problems that are semi-routine in nature and analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Performs work in one or more machine trades including electrical, mechanical, or machining.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and repair
- Assist in installation of new equipment
- Inspection of manufacturing equipment operations on a routine basis
- Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines
- Enters and maintains data in an computerized system
- Assists Facilities Maintenance Department with general building maintenance functions
- Responsible for observing all Company, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines
Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the work listed above and may include other assignments. Multiple shifts being hired.
Required Skills & Experience
- High School/GED with a desired of 3-5 years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and training
- Vocational or technical training desired
- 3 to 5 years related maintenance experience
- Organizational skills
- Working Knowledge Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of cGMP procedures preferred
- Familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory guidelines
- Knowledgeable in calibration and preventive maintenance procedures
- Skilled and knowledgeable in using computer database programs
- Comfortable wearing a Portable Respirator for long durations of time