As the Sr. Systems Engineer for Aircraft Test Equipment, you’ll be a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex equipment used to test military and commercial aircraft control components
Validate conceptual problem solutions by performing trade studies and analyses.
Be a key contributor to a design proposal team in preparing a design, estimating costs, and assisting in writing the technical volume.
Operate effectively as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals, soliciting and being sensitive to design feedback.
Represent our company in a manner consistent with its technical reputation.
Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
Consult on new product and market development efforts.
Maintain currency with materials technology, industry design requirements (Military, FAA, NASA, etc.), and modern design analysis tools.
When applicable supervise individual contributor engineers and project/product engineering technicians.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering, probably an advanced degree
- 10+ years of experience with requirements development, design, modelling, analysis, and integration of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
- A proven record of successful development programs leading and working as a part of a project team
- Experience in the areas of requirements definition, integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management
• Experience in off-the-shelf real-time systems such as dSPACE and National Instruments is a plus
•• Due to certain military programs, US citizenship with ability to obtain D.O.D. secret clearance is required. Having an existing clearance is a plus