Provides information as requested by the engineering department, sales department, cost accounting, etc., having to do with product, unit and part numbers and specifications, standard relationships, drawing numbers, etc.; issues new drawing numbers, part identification numbers, etc., through the operation of an established control system. Assists supervisor in analyzing and correlating specifications to standardized units and parts on related products to affect interchangeable parts, reduce manufacturing cost, cost of inventories, etc. May oversee/conduct other related activities.
- Accepts responsibility for such items as CI Identification, Change Control, configuration status accounting (CSA) and audit preparations.
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Determines effect of changes on documents such as drawings, test specs, manuals and ensures all documents have required approvals.
- Reviews engineering documentation, reports, specifications, and drawings to determine documentation requirements, ensure compliance with engineering specifications, and to ensure engineering orders reflect latest requirements.
- Reviews Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to identify special CDM requirements
- Reviews SOW’s and SOR’s, for CDM requirements, determine if our current system can accommodate requirements.
- Provide input for selection and identification of hardware/software configuration end items.
- Supports contractual baselines and schedules
- Coordinates CDM requirements with Customer representatives
- Prepares and flows-down subcontractor CM requirements / as needed conduct supplier site compliance audits.
- Performs job tasks utilizing MRP/ERP and Document Management applications.
- Conducts a project CCB.
- Process engineering change requests (ECR’s), Government ECP’s, Requests for deviation and request for waiver through the data management system.
- Maintain Status Accounting records.
- Assists with formal and informal configuration audits
- 10 years' of related experience or NDIA Specialist and/or Manager level Certification with project management experience.
- Multiple years of experience maintaining engineering specifications and other related technical records, compiling and classifying engineering data to existing product records, creating new product files, and change specification records to suit engineering revisions.
- Multiple years' of experience assisting Supervisors and Management in analyzing and correlating specifications to standardized units and parts on related products to affect interchangeable parts, reduce manufacturing cost, and cost of inventories.
- Security Clearance - Must be eligible
- Bachelors degree in Business or Systems Engineering and 5 years of related experience or Vocational or Technical training as outlined in the Job Summary, above, and 10 years of related experience