Our client is seeking a Finance Manager, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis who will report to the VP of Finance. This highly visible position will be responsible for managing key financial & business performance reporting processes, e.g. forecasting, annual budgeting and other related responsibilities. This financial leader will have excellent communication skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, superb analytical abilities and incredible attention to detail. S/he will conduct and support enterprise-wide planning and analysis activities for multiple business units and support functions. Responsibilities include supporting G&A organizations, managing budgets, providing operational thought leadership and analytics, and partnering with functional leaders.
The candidate will demonstrate a deep knowledge of corporate processes and the ability to understand and apply various principles to address challenges, raise business issues, and identify and implement process improvement opportunities. The ideal candidate for this role is a proven self-starter with strong analytical skills who has an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data and who is experienced in extracting and transforming information into actionable solutions. This individual needs to be a team player with a positive attitude. This is a great opportunity to join a capable Finance team in a growing organization.
- Analyze and interpret financial results and forecasts, provide key business insight and financial guidance to the organization.
- Manage FP&A responsibilities in support of G&A organizations.
- Help to create KPIs/Dashboards to track monthly performance across functions to drive improvement and accountability.
- Create and manage spend-tracking and monitor G&A activities, expenses, cash disbursements and accruals.
- Assist the VP of Finance in leading planning processes, e.g. Projections, annual budgets, and long-term plans.
- Partner with departmental leadership and other Finance managers to ensure forecasts incorporate and represent a cross-functional, holistic view.
- Make financial planning and control recommendations, supported by detailed financial information and analysis.
- Maintain and improve planning tools and processes.
- Analyze and track strategic initiatives, including the development of supporting models and expected outcomes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 7 years of Finance-related experience with at least three years in FP&A required; Life Science/Biotech experience preferred.
- Prior experience with ERP systems, Financial Planning tools and other financial systems implementations.
- Positive work ethic, superb communication and organizational skills with high attention to detail, and unquestionable integrity and personal ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to think strategically.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work within teams and influence personnel across functions and levels.