As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a cross-disciplinary agile development team(s) and take responsibility for delivering high-quality software that drives value for the business.
We’re proudly offering fully remote work options for this role which can be based in CA, AZ, TX, CO, UT, OR, WA
In this role, you will have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. You are expected to operate with scale and speed. Our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you will guide the way.
· Provide technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, career development, and feedback for team members
· Establish priorities and set expectations and accountability for members of the development team
· Foster an engaging and collaborative environment within and among teams
· Hire talented engineers that will thrive in this collaborative environment
· Help create and follow a technology vision, roadmap, and process
· Promote sound engineering practices through example and mentorship
· Work closely with the Product team and business stakeholders to understand and improve KPIs
· 7+ years' experience in software development and delivery
· 3+ years' experience building, leading, managing, and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Experience with languages like Go, Java, or C++
· Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, GCP, Kafka, Swagger
· Experience with cloud-based large scale distributed systems and enterprise software development
· Experience with product roadmap planning, prioritization with product management
· Experience with communicating complex topics to stakeholders and business executives alike
· Being hands-on by contributing code weekly (outside the critical path) to stay connected with the team and their experience
· Prior experience with Lending platforms (Loan origination platforms) preferred.